Are you a beginner trying to do On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO with ad-hoc approach?
Then this Blog will change your mind set and give you direction to do SEO strategy properly.
There are many reasons why am I writing this Blog but the primarily reason been, I felt like sharing my SEO strategy with you. The areas which needs to be taken care of while doing SEO.
This blog will help you start your day 1 in the office with flying colors. If you know about these SEO strategies then you will find doing SEO tasks easily at Office.
To do better SEO you need to know about some technically terms such as:
- Keyword research
- Backlink research
- Rank Tracking
- Website Audit
- Competitor Analysis
What is SEO Keyword research?
- Keyword research means the research done related to the search queries users enters in the search engine to either get navigational, informational, transactional information related to a product or service. You can use the best keyword research tool available in the internet to do better keyword research.
What is Backlink research?
- Backlink research means the research done to get backlinks from another website. How to maintain the do follow \ no follow backlinks balance in general. You can use the best backlink research tool available in the internet to do better keyword research.
What does Rank Tracking define?
- Rank Tracking means the position\rank the keyword has in the Google Search Engine result page. Keyword rank tracking is best if you do proper website On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO.
What is a Website Audit?
- Website Audit means the process of analyzing the performance of your website in totality. SEO website audit results can be found by paid tools such as SEMrush.
What is Competitor Analysis?
- Competitor Analysis defines the way you do an analysis of your Competitors. Who are your Competitors? What are the backlinks the Competitors have? What strategy your Competitors do for branding and advertising. Competition analysis tools such as SEMrush help a lot, give detailed insight.
For a Website to do better branding and marketing or to get sales conversions, On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO are the 2 primarily focus areas in the digital marketing area:
Some of the On-page SEO techniques consist of:
- Finding the speed of the website
- Finding proper NAP is in header and footer and Contact page
- Images Alt text is proper
- No Spelling and Grammar mistakes
- No duplicate content on the website
- Updated Copyright year in the footer
- Do all website URLs redirect to https://
- Create and upload Sitemap.xml
- Respective Website URL without / redirect to URL with /
- Creating SEO friendly title and description
- Create Schema
- Create Local Meta Tags
- Check Images on the website or no?
- Does the website have FAQ pages?
- Does the website have a favicon icon or no?
- Cross-check Google Map URL redirection is same throughout all the required pages of the website or no?
- How many times Location and Postcode are used in the web content
- Create SEO friendly robots.txt
- Index the web-page
- Check for any 404 pages are there on the website or no
- Header Tags are proper in the web content or no
This same can be also use as On-page SEO checklist
Some of the Off-page SEO techniques consist of:
- Create Approved business listings
- Create Approved classified listings
- Create Approved social bookmarking listings
- Create guest blog
- Do blog commenting
- Create infographics
- Correct old listing if any which is done by the previous SEO team
- Check for errors in Google Search Console
- Correct Broken backlinks
- Find industry-related forums and create a profile and start the discussion
- Need to find Competitors with their backlinks and do the listing as per Competitor
- Create Quora profile and do Q&A posting
The Google ranking factors is such a mammoth discussion topic for On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO that you can discuss these topics in various Blog post ideas formats.
How to get blog post ideas?
- List Post: List posts are everywhere and for good reason… they flat out work. Create a list of books, tools, resources or any other thing that your market will find useful.
- How to Post: The How to Post is another staple blog post idea. Describe how to execute a process and use images, video or audio to enrich the post and make it as easy as possible for your visitor to take action.
- Case Study Post: The term ‘case study’ carries more perceived value than the term article, blog post or video. Outline and unpack the details of something like a project, event or process.
- Problem Solution Post: This type of post has an easy format:-Define a problem -Present the solution. This post can cross over into the territory of other blog post types such as the FAQ Post, How-To Post or Checklist Post.
- SAQ Post: The Should Ask Question Post is a variation of the FAQ post. This is a question that customers or prospects don’t ask — but they should.
- Research Post: Conducting your own primary research around a topic in your niche is one of the best ways to build blog content that gets attention.
- Checklist Post: If the content you are delivering can be broken into a “checklist” it will often perform better. People like the checklist format because it’s easy to digest and take action when the content is itemized in this way.
- Ultimate Guide Post: The ultimate guide post is just what it sounds like — a detailed, comprehensive post on a topic in your niche. Don’t skimp here — take your time and deliver the definitive post on the topic.
- Definition Post: In niches where the market needs to be educated the definition post is an absolute must. Consider creating a series of posts that define aspects of your niche.
- Series Post: Look for opportunities to break a topic into a series that can be released each day over the course of a week or every Monday over the course of a month. Link these articles together as you publish them.
- Stats Post: This post (like the Research Post) works best when you can use statistics that you have produced. That said; consider curating and pulling together stats from multiple locations to create a good statistics post.
- FAQ Post: If you get repeat questions from customers or prospects there is a good chance they are typing these same questions into Google and other search engines. Create content around these topics.
Google’s ranking factors depends on three main factors: Relevancy, Authority, and User Signals are the group that can result in more fragmentation factors such as:
- Domain-Age: The older your domain website is, the better it helps
- Keyword-Appears-in-Top-Level-Domain: Not that important but if you have your keyword in top-level domain then it helps
- Keyword-As-First-Word-in-Domain: This helps a lot in Google ranking
- Domain-registration-length: This factor helps in Google ranking
- Keyword-in-Subdomain-Name: This factor also helps a lot in Google ranking
- Exact-Match-Domain: EMD helps but it all depends on the quality content your website has.
- Public-vs.-Private-Who-Is: It’s better to have Private WhoIs as compared to Public
- Country-TLD-extension: This tries to make the website local instead of a global website
Page-Level-Factors which help in Google ranking factors are:
Site-Level-Factors-which help in Google ranking factors are:
Backlink-Factors-which help in Google ranking factors are:
User-Interaction-factors-which help in Google ranking factors are:
Special-Algorithm-Rules-Factors-which help in Google ranking factors are:
Social-Signals-Factors-are which help in Google ranking factors are:
Brand-Signals-Factors-which help in Google ranking factors are:
On-Site-Web-Spam-Factors-which help in Google ranking factors are:
Off-Page-Web-Spam-Factors-which help in Google ranking factors are:
What are the different elements of On-Page SEO?
- Title Tags
- Meta Description
- Header Tags
What are the different elements of Technical SEO?
- Understand how Google Crawls
- Internal linking
- Speed of the website
- The credibility of the website
What are the different elements of Off-Page SEO?
- Link Quality
- Link Juice
- Do Follow and No Follow
- Different Types of Anchor Text
- Anchor Text Diversity
- Backlink Profile
Various tools which help in On-Page SEO are:
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Site Kit by Google
- Really Simple SSL
- UpDraftPlus Backups
- Astra theme
Different sections of Google Search Console are:
- Index: Coverage, Sitemaps, Removals
- Enhancements: Core web vitals, Mobile Usability
- Security and Manual Actions: Manual Actions, Security Issues
- Legacy tools and Reports: International Targeting, Messages, URL Parameters, Web Tools
Different sections of Google Analytics are:
- Real time reports
- Audience reports
- Acquisition reports
- Behaviour reports
- Conversions reports
To do this On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO activity there are free and paid tools available in the market.
Some of the SEO Tools are paid which are available in a free version for limited time frame trial are:
- SEO PowerSuite
- Raven Tools
- Moz Pro
- SE Ranking
High DA, PA, and Link Juice:
To have better Off-Page SEO the backlinks should be from high DA and PA websites. DA means Domain Authority. PA means Page Authority. Ideally DA and PA above 30 points are considering to be nice. You should not make backlinks from DA and PA which are less than 30 points since low DA and PA will not give you better link juice.
What is Link Juice?
Link juice is the amount of authority a website can give to another website so that the website which receives the backlinks the DA and PA becomes high.
SEO Strategy you may try doing, to get the best SEO results, are as follows:
1] Select the domain name of your website related to your niche
2] Do 4 hours of On-Page activity and do 4 hours of Off-Page activity of your website daily
3] Create backlinks on high DA and PA website only
4] While creating business listing, try writing the details once. Do not repeat the content too many times in the description. Do no repeat Name, Address, Phone Number [NAP] at various places of the business listing. Follow this same thing for classified listing and Social Book Marking listing also
5] While selecting Quora questions, select questions related to your niche only and comment in the post related to your niche. Do not write post in industry which is not related to your niche.
6] While selecting Forum questions, select questions related to your niche only and comment in the post related to your niche. Do not write post in industry which is not related to your niche.
7] Every month create and upload new sitemap.xml at the root folder
8] Also check your robots.txt file regularly to see crawling rules set are proper or no
9] Google Cache your web-pages once in a month
10] Always check first in the website where you are going to create business listing that there is no existing business listing in the website. If there is existing business listing then check it’s NAP and description whether it is correct or no.
11] If there are duplicate listings in a website then send an email to support to delete the listing.
If you are the owner of the backlink then you could delete the duplicate backlinks if you have the permission rights to delete the backlinks. If there is no delete rights in a website for business listing send an email to the support department of the website for editing the business listing if you do not have the permission to edit old business listing. Same rule showed be followed for classified listing and social book marking listing.
12] For blog commenting, always do blog commenting in better DA and PA greater than 40
13] For commenting in Quora, always find post which are latest. Avoid trying to do commenting in Quora post which are very old post.
14] For Forum commenting, always do Forum commenting in better DA and PA greater than 40
15] While doing On-Page SEO Blog posting in your website always see that targeted keywords are in the content or no. For a Blog of 600 words there should be maximum 2 targeted keywords.
16] While doing Off-Page SEO Blog posting in your website always see that targeted keywords are in the content or no. For a Blog of 600 words there should be maximum 2 targeted keywords.
17] How to find Blog commenting website?
Do Google search by the following query:
“keyword” + “leave a reply”
inurl:”keyword” + “leave a reply”
intitle:”keyword” + “leave a reply”
“keyword” + “your email will not be published”
“keyword” + “add a new comment”
“keyword” + “please login to post comments”
“keyword” + “Powered by WordPress”
18] How to find Guest Posting website?
Do Google search by the following query:
“Keyword” + “guest post”
“Keyword” + “write for us”
“Keyword” + “guest article”
“Keyword” + “guest post opportunities”
“Keyword” + “this is a guest post by”
“Keyword” + “contributing writer”
“Keyword” + “want to write for”
“Keyword” + “submit blog post”
“Keyword” + “contribute to our site”
“Keyword” + “guest column”
“Keyword” + “submit content”
“Keyword” + “submit your content”
“Keyword” + “submit post”
“Keyword” + “This post was written by”
“Keyword” + “guest post courtesy of ”
“Keyword” + “guest posting guidelines”
“Keyword” + “suggest a post”
“Keyword” + “submit an article”
“Keyword” + “contributor guidelines”
“Keyword” + “contributing writer”
“Keyword” + “submit news”
“Keyword” + “become a guest blogger
“Keyword” + “guest blogger”
“Keyword” + “guest posts wanted”
“Keyword” + “looking for guest posts”
“Keyword” + “guest posts wanted”
“Keyword” + “guest poster wanted”
“Keyword” + “accepting guest posts”
“Keyword” + “writers wanted”
“Keyword” + “articles wanted”
“Keyword” + “become an author”
“Keyword” + “become guest writer”
“Keyword” + “become a contributor”
“Keyword” + “submit guest post”
“Keyword” + “submit an article”
“Keyword” + “submit article”
“Keyword” + “guest author”
“Keyword” + “send a tip”
“Keyword” + inurl: “guest blogger”
“Keyword” + inurl: “guest post”
So ideally the tasks of a SEO Executive in an Office are:
1] On-Page SEO
2] Off-Page SEO
3] Blog posting
4] Website Audit
5] Client communication
6] To see the sales conversion factors achieved or no for a month
So to summarize, the Blog consists of the following information:
1] The SEO technical terms a SEO Executive should know
2] On-Page SEO Techniques
3] Off-Page SEO Techniques
4] Blog post ideas
5] Google ranking factors
6] Different elements of On-Page SEO
7] Different elements of Technical SEO
8] Different elements of Off-Page SEO
9] Various tools which help in On-Page SEO
10] Google Search Console
11] Google Analytics
12] Some SEO Tools
13] DA, PA and Link Juice
14] SEO Strategy for your website
This article is written, keeping in mind, the beginners who are new in the digital marketing department and who have an interest in On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO, and SEO Strategy. The sole purpose of this article is to nurture the right talent in the right way.
To know more about SEO, please also visit my other blog: SEO: Are benefits of SEO still seen in 2021?
SEO Tools: Best Small SEO Tools and Paid SEO Tools in 2021
This is Pillar Content Blog. For detailed information related to the points discussed in this Blog, please visit this website on a regular basis.